Some of what happened in the early parts of this blog occured prior to my birth so obviously it is hearsay, but it comes from a reliable source, my parents, Shirley and Ed Everman.
My dad was born in Chicago to Grace and Barton Everman. He was the oldest of two children, both boys. His younger brothers name is Duane and now lives in Las Vegas NV. The boys attended a Catholic school, Our Lady of Angels, in Chicago. Grace Everman was a cook in one of the Chicago schools and Barton Otis worked on the trolley cars. He was in the Navy or merchant marines in his younger years, I don't know which. When my dad was old enough he was an operator on the Chicago trolleys. I think there were a lot of relatives in Chicago, aunts, uncles and cousins. I have some pictures of some family gatherings that I will scan and post this weekend with as much information as I have available. During a conversation Dad told me that after WWII started he remembered men pushing carts through the streets calling out for people to bring out their scrap metals to support the war effort. One of my uncles on my mothers side was in the navy and his ship had been in Pearl Harbor for repairs. All of his relatives and friends knew he was in Pearl Harbor so when the Japanese attacked they figured he was there and were worried. The repairs had been made on his ship and was out on a check out cruise, so he wasn't there when the Japanese said HELLO.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment