Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Mother

I don't know a lot about my mothers side of the family. Her name was Shirley.She was born in Lone Rock Wisconsin. I don't know her mother and fathers name. I do know that her father was a druggist and he died shortly after I was born but I don't know why. She had two sisters. The oldest was my aunt Dorthy, then there was my mom and she had a younger sister named Helen, we called her Aunty Bea. Mom also had two brothers. There was Uncle Bill and Uncle Bob. One of them was the one everyone thought was in Pearl Harbor when the Japs said HELLO. My mom moved to Chicago, got a job and was living with my great aunt Helen. Aunt Helen was my mothers mothers sister and she worked for a CPA named Mr. Winsor. Some how Shirley and my dad met and went out dancing quite a bit. My dad loved big band music and they danced to the big bands. The real bands. Not records, CD's or IPod's. He used to talk about dancing to Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey, listening to Gene Krupa and Jimmy Durante and I just can't remember them all.

Now there you go, they are together now and this is a good place to quit for the night.
Good night, pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment